7:30 am – 1:30 pm, Meet at OIT Dow Center entrance
Join professional photographer Max Waugh in the field as we seek out resident wildlife and other natural subjects to photograph in the Klamath Falls area. With Max’s guidance, we’ll look for opportunities to capture images of the region’s local species while working on our skills behind the lens, as well as the thought process that goes into effective, storytelling imagery. Max will share his thoughts on composition, choosing camera settings that help capture the style of images you wish to achieve, and understanding subjects in hopes of landing better shots. You’ll enjoy his laid back approach, where your questions are welcome and open dialog is encouraged as you search for fun things to photograph. Includes special lunch. Limited to 12.
- One camera body (though two is ideal if you have multiple lenses or want to have an emergency backup on hand)
- At least one long lens (300mm minimum, 400-600mm recommended)
- Any additional secondary lenses (medium range zooms such as a 70-200mm or 100-400mm, and/or a wide angle zoom lens).
- Tripod or monopod, if you feel it’s necessary to support your long lens.
- Extra batteries and memory cards
- A way to carry all this gear in the field during longer outings (straps, accessory belts,