2016 Winter Wings Festival
Entry 2014 011
Entry 2014 011
Entry 2014 196
Entry 2014 029
Entry 2014 224
Entry 2014 159
February 11 – 14, 2016
PROGRAM AVAILABLE! CLICK HERE
Online registration is closed
Enjoy winter birding and photography at its best in the scenic Klamath Basin located in Southern Oregon and Northern California. We are consistently rated as one of the best organized and friendliest festivals you will find. Recent snows have set the stage for a beautiful winter scenery-don’t miss out!
About 485 have already registered. We have openings in 18 activities including 5 field trips. Generally we may have some last minute openings in the filled trips so come to the Registration Desk at OIT to see what’s available when we open up onsite registration.
- F1 Build Great Wetlands and They Will Come (NEW)
- M2 Lost Bird Film (NEW)
- F33 Crater Lake Snowshoe
- W1 Lightroom – Advanced Develop Techniques
- W2 Fine-Art Digital Printing (NEW)
- W3 Getting Great Bird Shots and Knowing What You Shot
- M4 Pacific Flyway Sandhill Cranes (NEW)
- R1 Buffet (20 only)
- K1 Keynote: When Eagles Roar (NEW)
- M6 Greater Sage Grouse Recovery at Clear Lake Refuge (NEW)
- W6 Amazing Photography using your iPhone or iPad! (NEW)
- R2 Banquet (20 only)
- K2 Keynote: Riding the Bleeding Edge of Digital Photography – A Landscape Photographer in the Digital Age (NEW)
- F23 Taking Beautiful Landscape Photos with Celebrity Photographer Stephen Johnson (NEW)
- F24 Shoot with a Pro with Jim Stamates 2
- F30 Backyard Animal Tracks (NEW)
- M7 Swans of the Pacific Flyway (NEW)
Registration Has Benefits
Your $7 Winter Wings Festival registration fee comes with benefits:
- Free mini-sessions such as Pacific Flyway Sandhill Cranes or Phantom of the Forest (Great Gray Owls)
- Free viewing of the highly acclaimed Lost Bird Film about bird extinction in North America
- Free keynote: Riding the Bleeding Edge of Digital Photography
- Free 5 lb bag of russet potatoes generously donated by Staunton Farms
- A 15% discount off of Cleo’s Expresso orders and Market at the Running Y items including wine and beer but not hard liquor (show proof of registration 2/11 – 2/16)
- A $5 coupon at Rodeos Pizza and Saladeria (valid 2/11-2/14)
- A festival bag
2016 Keynoter James Currie
Join us in welcoming James Currie, a life-long wildlife enthusiast and native of South Africa, who is fast becoming one of the most recognizable faces in birding and wildlife in North America. We still have openings in his “When Eagles Roar” keynote on Friday.
2016 Keynoter Stephen Johnson
Stephen Johnson, landscape photographer, author, designer and educator, is also keynoting. He has been photographing since 1973. Canon named Steve as one of their Explorers of Light in 2006 and sponsors speaking engagements with him around the country. You can still sign up for:
- Fine Art Digital Printing on Friday
- Riding the Bleeding Edge of Digital Photography – A Landscape Photographer in the Digital Age on Saturday (Free)
- Taking Beautiful Landscape Photos with Celebrity Photographer Stephen Johnson on Sunday. Click here for more details.
Live Raptors and Falconry
Falconers from the West Coast Falconry Center are bringing 11 of their trained raptors to the Winter Wings Festival this year! They plan to participate in 4 events over the course of the weekend. For details on their FREE live raptor and falconry presentation click here. More details are available by clicking here.
Weather and Road Conditions
Currently paved roads are free of snow and the recent rains and warmer temps are resulting in a lot of snowpack melting. Some gravel roads have potholes and may not be advised for 2wd vehicles. We are working closely with the USFWS about conditions at the various refuge destinations and will be providing updates as we get closer to the Festival. Bird habitat should be the best at Lower Klamath Refuge in many years!